|Camping:||Mar 1 - Nov 30|
|Day Use:||Year Round|
Major Features & Activities
- Hiking Trails
- Dump Station
- Cabins/Yurts Pets OK
- Hiker Biker
- Restrooms Flush (ADA)
- Hot Shower (ADA)
- Exhibit Information (ADA)
Think of Clyde Holliday State Recreation Site as an oasis. Its tall, willowy cottonwood trees provide shade and serenity. Each campsite is clothed with a variety of trees and other plants to give you that private, secluded feeling. The park borders the beautiful John Day River and is surrounded on all sides by some of Oregon's most pristine wilderness areas. You're as likely to have wildlife neighbors as human ones: the majestic Rocky Mountain elk and mule deer are frequent visitors. You can experience the thrill of seeing steelhead rush upriver to spawn. The park lies in the shadow of the Strawberry Mountain Range just a short drive away.
Note to visitors: Mosquito's are especially active during May-July. Please prepare accordingly!
- 31 electrical sites with water (first come, first served)
- 2 reservable tepees* (open mid-April through late September; one pet-friendly. TeePee amenities include a space heater, vinyl covered sleeping pads for 8 people, one wooden bench.)
- Hiker/biker camp
- Hot showers and flush toilets
- Firewood and ice for sale
- RV dump station
- Horseshoe pits
- Outdoor amphitheater with summer interpretive programs
*Note for teepee campers with reservations. If you arrive after 9:00 p.m., please do not disturb the Campground Host. The teepee will be unlocked and the key will be inside.