|Day Use:||Year Round|
The first park tract was acquired in 1938. In 1965, 35.50 acres were traded to the U. S. Forest Service, and in 1974, several acres were purchased from a private owner. A. D. and Barbara Eggleston gave a small tract in 1981, thus completing the present park holding. Owing to the winter wave action on this rocky shore, the park was poetically named for Neptune, Roman god of the sea.
Annual day-use attendance: 649,838