|Day Use:||Year Round|
Acquired between 1971 and 1979 by gift from Lane County, transfer from the State Lands Division and purchase from various private owners, the park lies along the Middle Fork of the Willamette River just below Dexter Dam. Authorized for Willamette River Greenway acquisition by the 1973 State Legislature. Originally called Dexter State Park, the park name was changed in 1979 to honor Elijah Bristow (1788-1872), known as one of the first Euro-American settlers in Lane County. On his claim, Bristow founded the community of Pleasant Hill, located some 10 miles west of the park on Highway 58.
Annual day-use attendance: 187,200
Elijah Bristow State Park FAQ
The group picnic areas at Elijah Bristow State Park are reservable May-Sept. Please click the "Rates" button on the left for more information on how to reserve one of these sites. When the picnic areas are not reserved, and during the off season, they are first come, first served. Please be aware that outside of the reservation period, electricity and water may not be available at the sites. Contact our office at 541-937-1173 if you are planning an event outside of the reservation period.
Yes, leashes are required at Elijah Bristow State Park, including all trails. There is an off-leash area near the main entrance. This area has water, an upper fully fenced field, and a lower partially fenced area with access to Lost Creek.