|Day Use:||Year Round|
Purchased from Lane County in 1931. Day-use picnic facilities were originally developed by the Civilian Conservation Corps around 1935. According to local lore, during the prohibition era (1920s), liquor was distilled clandestinely at a nearby location called Burp Holler. In 1961, the name was briefly considered for application to the wayside but the proposal was unsuccessful.
Annual day-use attendance: 25,776
Alderwood State Wayside FAQ
Yes, there is a vault restroom (no water) that is open year round.
Alderwood is known for its many old, large Douglas fir trees. In the forest below these giants, lives pacific dogwood, big leaf maple, alder, chinqapin, pacific yew and vine maple. In the spring, wildflowers carpet the forest floor. Birds that live in the forest or along streams abound here, including kingfisher. In the Long Tom River, cutthoart trout can be seen lurking in the shadows beneath fallen logs.
No, Alderwood is a day use only park.