|Day Use:||Year Round|
|Park:||Park business line: 541-469-2021|
The park was acquired between 1925 and 1963 by purchase from several owners. Trail and road improvements were started by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930s which have been maintained to the present. In about 1942, so the story goes, a caretaker was checking the trail to the cape when he heard voices below him. A brief break in the fog revealed a Japanese submarine on the surface recharging its batteries. The caretaker retreated and told his story to the Coast Guard.
Annual day-use attendance: 97,916