|Day Use:||Year Round|
|Park:||Reserve cabin: 800-452-5687 Park business line: 541-469-2021|
The first park land was acquired by gift from the State Board of Forestry in 1958. It was a tract of 160 acres that had been purchased in 1948 by the Board of Forestry and Save the Myrtle Woods, Inc. from Alfred A. Loeb of Portland for the purpose of protecting the outstanding native myrtle trees and other vegetation along the Chetco River. The tract name, commemorating Loeb, was part of the original purchase agreement. The gift was, in turn, accepted by the Highway Commission after Curry County agreed to improve and oil the access road from U. S. Highway 101. In 1963, the park was expanded by the purchase of an adjoining 40-acre tract. An additional, separated hillside tract of 120.23 acres was obtained by patent from the U.S. Bureau of Land Management in 1962.
Annual overnight attendance: 21,325
Annual day-use attendance: 104,040
Alfred A. Loeb State Park FAQ
No. Campsites are first-come, first-served only. However, there are three rustic cabins that may be reserved.