|Day Use:||Apr 1 - Oct 31|
|Park:||541-332-6774 ext 0|
Acquired between 1972 and 1985, by purchase and exchange from private owners as well as deeds of federal surplus property. The name Port Orford is derived from Captain George Vancouver of the British Royal Navy, who in 1792 named what is now Cape Blanco for his friend, the Earl of Orford. Eventually, the name was transferred to the port some seven miles to the south.
Annual day-use attendance: 119,828