|Day Use:||Year Round|
This property was acquired in 1945 to preserve the origin point of the land survey system for Oregon and Washington. The park is a small forest tract surrounding the site of a stake in a concrete apron marking the point of intersection of the Willamette Meridian and Willamette Baseline as established June 4, 1851, by John B. Preston, the first Surveyor General of Oregon. It was from this fixed point that all lands in the public domain in Oregon and Washington were sectioned. There is a parking area and trail to the current monument, re-dedicated in 1988.