|Day Use:||Year Round|
In 1928, Wilbur S. and Florence Badley gave the land on Cape Foulweather to the state of Oregon with provisions that the state not allow concessions on the property, the sale of merchandise or the erection of buildings on the land. The state was to maintain the viewpoint for the public. Adjoining the tract, the Badleys built a small souvenir shop called "The Lookout," from which many thousands of souvenirs have been dispensed over the years. The state has maintained a large parking lot at this viewpoint for many years, and most recently acquired "The Lookout" gift shop December of 2013.
Park staff and volunteers continue to stock souvenirs, but have also opened up half of the building for indoor viewing and interpretation.
Annual day-use attendance: 340,456