|Day Use:||Year Round|
Acquired between 1929 and 1971, the first land was given to the state by F. W. and C. P. Leadbetter. Later tracts were purchased from other private owners. In the early 1900s, a long wooden slide, "chute the chutes," provided access from the Otter Rock bluff to the beach. In the 1930s, the Civilian Conservation Corps developed day use improvements for the park, including picnic tables, restrooms, fountains, water supply, fire places, a foot trail and steps to the beach. In the 1970s, the park was expanded into the Otter Rock community for parking and restroom facilities.
Annual day-use attendance: 579,336