|Day Use:||Year Round|
The land was purchased between 1938 and 1968 from private owners, and includes one gift of 10 acres from Lincoln County made in 1963. Ona is known as a Chinook jargon word for razor clam. In the days before the completion of the Coast Highway, the beach between Newport and Seal Rock was used as an access road. Motorists would travel at low tide, following the mail carrier who knew the best way to cross Beaver Creek. The park was first known as Ona Beach State Park, but was renamed in 2013 to honor the first Oregon State Parks and Recreation Commission chairperson.
Annual day-use attendance: 263,336