|Camping:||Apr 18 - Oct 15|
|Day Use:||Apr 18 - Oct 15|
The original land was acquired in an exchange with the Mt. Emily Lumber Company in 1951. In 1961, the Boise Cascade Corporation gave the state the abandoned railroad right-of-way crossing the park. Reportedly, the old highway bridge over the Grande Ronde River was maintained in red paint by Union County, and thus, the park name.
Annual overnight attendance: 1,627
Annual day-use attendance: 21,428