Fall Creek- Cascara
The purpose of this position is to assist park employees with the daily operations of Cascara Campground. Cascara is a 39 site campground on the banks of Fall Creek Reservoir approximately 35 miles from Eugene. Fall Creek Reservoir is nestled in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains. The campsites are primitive (no hook-ups,) though the host site has full hook-ups 30 or 50 amps. The rural communities of Fall Creek, Lowell and Dexter are nearby.
Job Title: Campground Host
Host Coordinator Rye Guessford (541) 206-3012
Lead Ranger: Steve Hancock (541) 912-2047
Approximately 20 hours per week per individual or couple with required weekend coverage. Position is open May through September on a month-to-month basis. Days off are Wednesday & Thursday, which are subject to change based on need and holidays etc..
Knowledge and Skills Desired:
Enthusiasm for parks recreational experience with the ability and desire to communicate with people of all ages. General maintenance, light grounds keeping.
Tasks and Responsibilities
· Greet campers and answer questions relating to fees and/or rules. If enforcement action is needed contact campground staff
· Sell firewood to campers. Required to maintain a cash fund for firewood sales $25.00
· Staff the entrance booth at gate on weekends as needed to provide information regarding campground rules and procedures.
· Clean fire pits and debris throughout camp, please see fire pit cleaning and debris disposal procedures
· Assisting with interpretive programs such as our Teaching Kids How To Fish program
· Issue gate keys to Fisherman’s Point group campers if needed
· Report emergencies or other park problems to park staff or local law enforcement officers.
· Litter pick up, restocking restroom supplies, grounds maintenance and campsite clean up.
· Assist park staff with various maintenance duties, which may include limited mowing or weed eating and shuttle of equipment between parks.
· May assist with other duties as requested by Ranger.
· Help with special projects: JR Beaver activities, State Park Day, 4th of July, etc.