|Camping:||Mar 1 - Nov 30|
|Day Use:||Year Round|
Major Features & Activities
- Blue Indicates that some, but not all, facilities are accessible according to Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards
- Camping (ADA)
- Cabin (ADA)
- Hiking Trails (ADA)
- Dump Station
- Cabins/Yurts Pets OK (ADA)
- Hiker Biker
- Open Year Round
- Restrooms Flush (ADA)
- Hot Shower (ADA)
- Exhibit Information (ADA)
- Wildlife (ADA)
- Fishing (ADA)
- Boat Ramp
**** SEE MONTHS CLOSED FOR WINTER POSTED ABOVE ****
Historic Farewell Bend State Recreation Area is located on the Oregon/Idaho border northwest of Ontario, exit 353 off I-84. We offer a beautiful desert experience on the banks of the Snake River's Brownlee Reservoir. Historic markers and interpretive displays provide visitors with information on Farewell Bend's significance on the Oregon Trail. The RV and tent campgrounds make excellent base camps as you explore the region.
Brownlee Reservoir offers fishing, water skiing and boating. There are horseshoe pits and a sand volleyball court for you to enjoy. Best of all, while resting from the day's activities, you can enjoy the scenery and amenities. Picnic on the cool grass, roast marshmallows over your campfire. If you are lucky, you'll see wildlife like deer, pronghorn, geese, eagles, chukars, and quail. Evening interpretive programs are periodically presented from Memorial Day through Labor Day. See Events tab for dates and times.
Boat Ramp: Open. Current water levels at the Idaho Power website .
- 91 electrical sites with water
- 30 tent sites with water nearby
- Hiker/biker camp
- Two log cabins (open March 1st through November 30th, one pet friendly)
- Group tent camp
- Hot showers and flush toilets
- Firewood and ice for sale
- RV dump station
- Horsehoe pits, basketball hoops and volleyball court
One electrical campsite and both cabins are accessible to campers with disabilities.