|Day Use:||Year Round|
|Park:||(541) 866-2474 Room Reservations|
This tract was purchased in 1975 from a private owner to protect an historic tavern or hostelry. Located on the former stage road, from California to Portland, the general course was later developed as the old Pacific Highway. The holding includes the tavern and its immediate setting on the north bank of Wolf Creek. The exact construction date is undocumented, but the large wood frame building with its colonnaded two-story front porch is believed to have been built between 1873 and 1880. Considered a fine example of the dozens of similar way stations once associated with the network of early roads and trails in western Oregon, it was restored under state and federal auspices and is operated as an inn under state concession. It was dedicated as a state wayside on February 15, 1979.