|Day Use:||Year Round|
The original tracts were purchased in 1961, with an 80-acre lease obtained from the Bureau of Land Management in 1962. Generous gifts from Margaret McGee in 1976 and 1977 brought the park to its present size. Illinois River was so named because the Althouse brothers of Illinois found gold in the river after migrating to Oregon in 1849.
Annual day-use attendance: 176,240