|Day Use:||Year Round|
In 1936, Waterford Lumber Company gave the the original land for the park after Coos County and the state made the road a secondary highway. For this, the Oregon Highway Commission agreed to spend $10,000 to make the road suitable for log trucks. In 1938, Coos County deeded 17.27 acres to the state, including Silver Falls, which had been given to the county for park purposes by Weyerhauser Timber Company in 1935. An additional 28 acres was given by Coos County in 1955. Golden Falls was named for Dr. C. B. Golden, first grand chancellor of the Knights of Pythias of Oregon and an early visitor to the falls.
Annual day-use attendance: 4,134