|Day Use:||Year Round|
|Park:||Park business line: 541-469-2021|
The majority of the land was acquired between 1962 and 1969 by purchase and litigation from various owners. One tract was given to the state in 1964 by Maytor H. and Vari McKinley of Los Angeles, Calif. In 1969 a small tract was transferred from Highway to Parks use. According to tradition, James Mace lost a pistol in the area in 1853 and the river has been called Pistol River since that time.
Annual day-use attendance: 81,284