Crissey Field State Recreation Site

Park History

Opened December 2008, the land was acquired through an exchange with a private timber firm in 1993, but was undeveloped until Lottery-based funds for a new welcome center were allocated.  The site is the first southern beach access site in Oregon, less than a mile from the Oregon-California border.  The site is named for W.L. (Bill) Crissey, who grew lily bulbs on the land before World War II.  In 1950, the State-Line Airstrip was constructed, only to be abandoned in the 1960s due to disuse.

Acreage: 40

Annual day-use attendance: 234,012


Statewide FAQ

Available via this link