|Day Use:||Year Round|
Purchased from private owners between 1931 and 1965, the intent was to preserve roadside trees including sugar and ponderosa pine, Douglas fir, white fir and madrone. Initial development, including a stone and native wood park entrance sign, was carried out by the Civilian Conservation Corps during the Depression. Originally called Deskins, the nearby community was optimistically renamed Prospect in 1889.
Prospect State Scenic Viewpoint FAQ
No. This area is for day use only, and closes at dusk.
Yes dogs are allowed, but must be on a leash no longer than 6 feet. The owner is responsible for the animal's behavior and removal of waste.