|Day Use:||Year Round|
The area was acquired between 1937 and 1975. Original improvements were made by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930s for day use picnicking and river access. J. A. Casey, for whom the park is named, was a squatter on the area when it was government land. He had a small restaurant, store and wood cabins on the property. Later the federal government gave him $500 and offered him the position of caretaker for the new Casey State Park. The original sign, made by the Civilian Conservation Corps, was refurbished in 2013.
Annual day-use attendance: 184,482
Casey State Recreation Site FAQ
Log onto Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife for the latest fishing reports and regulations, or call (503) 947-6000.
Yes dogs are allowed, but must be confined or on a leash no longer than 6 feet. Owner is responsible for the animal's behavior and removal of waste.