|Camping:||Apr 18 - Oct 14|
|Day Use:||Apr 18 - Oct 14|
Land for this wayside was acquired between 1944 and 1947 by purchase from private owners and Umatilla County. In 1956, eight acres were sold to the Pilot Rock Lumber Company. This land was previously under lease for a headquarters logging camp, located near the south end of the wayside. A number of the tracts were purchased with grazing rights. The U. S. Government has reserved the mineral rights in portions of the park. The area was acquired to protect the forest stand along the highway, which over the years has been widened for safety purposes.
Annual overnight attendance: 3,092
Annual day-use attendance: 20,414