|Day Use:||Year Round|
The original 1.3 acres of this tract were given to the state by Clatsop County in 1957. In 1968, land was purchased from Elizabeth Johnson which, added to a later exchange with Crown Zellerbach in 1978, netted 41 additional acres. Hug Point was so named because it was necessary to hug the rocks to get around the point on the ocean front without getting wet.
Annual day-use attendance: 282,196