|Day Use:||Year Round|
Land for the park was acquired between 1971 and 1988 by gifts from Multnomah County, Friends of Tryon Creek, Annette T. Kraft and John and Julie Des Camp, as well as by purchase from private owners. The park was obtained to provide a natural area typical of the Willamette Valley ecosystem within the Portland metropolitan area which would be available for public study and education. Tryon Creek is named for Dr. Socrates Hotchkiss Tryon, an Oregon settler of 1850, who settled a claim near Oswego on which the park land is located.
Annual day-use attendance: 478,022